cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer II

Microsoft immersive reader installation

Anyone know how the microsoft immersive reader works with Canvas?

Saw this press release posted on twitter

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-microsoft-immersive-reader-comes-to-instructure-canvas-...

19 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

After enabling the feature, you will see the Immersive Reader button on the upper right on Canvas pages. Students can click the button and it will open a new page. Students can click a play button and hear the content being read while each word is highlighted as it is being read. There are a few settings available to customize the experience.

Highlighted

Thanks. This is an amazing tool. I can't wait to put it in production.

Highlighted

It seems to be working well but the button only appears on Canvas wiki pages. It is not available on assignments, discussions, announcements etc. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

It is listed in the Canvas Deploy Notes (2019-10-23) document, and based on the information provided there, I suspect we will hear more about this in November.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Love, love, love this, and have already invited our ESL/ABE faculty to come see a demo!

Highlighted
Explorer II

Our customer support told us this would probably be in production by December. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi - Do we have a date when the immersive reader will be available in production?

Highlighted
Surveyor

It's available now .... in production as of the weekend gone if you get your canvas rep to switch it on for you. 

However, I haven't seen any help guides to assist students or staff yet.

I presume it can only read the written word and alt text too - it doesn't seem to recognise web links?

Highlighted
Surveyor

The Immersive Reader button does not appear on the home page. Also, is it available on mobile devices?

Labels