Monitoring Usage & Impact with these GREAT Data Tools

Surveyor II
7 2 303

I have been lurking long enough in the Community. I feel like it is about time that I contribute.

I am building a virtual Canvas Boot Camp for our district teachers. Each day focuses in a particular skills level: Basic Training, Officer Training, and Field Training.

I have started creating infographics for participants to identify some really cool features about Canvas--to provide multiple means & variety of presenting content. There are some many Data tools available in Canvas, so I wanted to create a visual that would clearly delineate each tool (along with Guides supporting that tool). This visual would serve as an overview, and then the rest of the Boot Camp Lesson on Data & Analytics would spend time unpacking each and explore best practices for leveraging the tool for student learning.

Here is my latest infographic. I have more and will share soon.

I hope you find it helpful.

Monitoring Usage & Impact with Canvas Data & Analytics Tools

2 Comments
Community Member

This is neat! Thanks for sharing!

Surveyor II

Thanks for sharing!

About the Author
I was born in Jacksonville, FL but grew up in Keystone Heights, FL. I went to Mars Hill University and graduated in 1989 with a BA in English, attended and graduated from Western Carolina University in 1991 with a MA in English Education, and achieved by principals license from Appalachian State University in 2008. I am a National Board Certified Teacher in Adolescent/Young Adult English Language Arts. I taught English for 14 years. This is my 28 year in Education. In 2004, I left the classroom to serve as instructional facilitator for my school, and then in 2007, I left my high school to serve as Innovation Director and then Professional Learning Director for North Carolina Virtual Public School, and in 2017 I transitioned to the NC Department Of Public Instruction as Online Professional Learning Consultant and Canvas Admin for the agency. I returned to the district level in 2018 and am currently the Canvas Admin with Iredell-Statesville Schools. I am passionate about teaching and learning, and especially Canvas and how it leverages in a powerful way both. I live in Statesville, NC with my wife, Michelle Lourcey, daughter, Elizabeth, and two cats, Gator and Tebow.