More Layoffs at Instructure

Jump to solution
dtod
Community Contributor

https://philonedtech.com/instructure-restructure-significant-layoffs-hitting-canvas-side-of-the-busi... 

"Today, Instructure has implemented a new, even larger round of layoffs, this time primarily targeted at the Canvas side of the business (academic markets in higher ed and K-12). More than 150 people are losing their jobs, representing more than 12% of the workforce. These layoffs appear to be broad-based, hitting most if not all departments. When combined with the January cuts, Instructure has now removed almost 20% of its full-time staff since the beginning of the year. These are significant layoffs."

Am I the only one a bit freaked out about this? Private equity destroying yet another business. Instructure looking more and more like Blackboard.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Hi David and John,

As I'm sure is the case at your own institutions, as the pandemic settled in our support team began experiencing an order of magnitude increase in demand.  I am not saying this to make excuses and I apologize for the pain you and your educators and students are experiencing.  I can tell you that during this time we have been hiring additional support personnel and that we haven't had any reductions in support staffing.

View solution in original post