New Turnitin LTI and Speedgrader?

Jump to solution
mpoole
Community Explorer

Is there any way to have work still appear in speedgrader when students have turned it in to the new turnitin TLI?  Right now we have the old plugin running and it works perfectly for us.

I have JUST gotten my faculty on board with using speedgrader and the idea of losing that option is going to be a BIG blow for our Canvas use.

Besides having students turn in work twice, is there some easy way to grade in speedgrader but still get the originality report from turnitin?

Thanks!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't think this is currently possible,  @mpoole ​.  Since the Assignment is using the Turnitin LTI app as an "External Tool", the ability for students to submit things via Canvas (so that instructors can use the SpeedGrader) is disabled.  I just had one of our instructors talk to me about this last week, actually.  I do know, however, that you can still build a rubric for a Canvas Assignment and then just switch over to the Turnitin LTI "External Tool".  This would allow you to still use the Canvas rubric in the SpeedGrader for grading a student submission.  However, that submission is on the Turnitin server...not in Canvas.  With the Turninit LTI app, you can build in a rubric in the Turnitin interface, and you can also do grading...which will pass back to Canvas.  You might want to check out the blog by  @dhulsey ​ if you've not done that already.  There's a great discussion going on over there: Canvas and Turnitin.  Hope this is of some help to you!

View solution in original post