cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scombs426
Surveyor II

Office 365 OneDrive Shared Folders

With our Office 365 integration with OneDrive we are not seeing the Shared folder.  The folder that is created when a user shares their files with you.  I placed a ticket with Canvas and was asked if we had a Group site created in Sharepoint.  Now I'm wondering if I'm missing something on the Office 365 Integration with Canvas.  Is there integration with Sharepoint? I only knew about Team Meetings and OneDrive.  Help!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
keliim25858e
Surveyor II

@scombs426 Our community sees a Canvas folder in their OneDrive with Sub-Folders for each course that they get content from using OneDrive or documents that are/being submitted using the O365 Assignment Tool.  

Have you checked for a Canvas folder in your OneDrive?

scombs426
Surveyor II

Our hopes was to use an account for a course and then share the OneDrive course folder to multiple instructional designers and faculty so that the team would have access to one course folder and could post and share documents in the course which they team teach. 

GideonWilliams
Adventurer II

Frustrating that there are no shared folder features in Office365 integration especially when there are in Google's integration! It's such a drawback especially when a member of staff leaves and their account is closed.

Asking for this for ages along with may other development features eg embedding in Pages (again like Google's integration)

scombs426
Surveyor II

Yes Gideon, it would be a great help for team-taught courses.  While all of our courses have a primary course director they are all team-taught and supported by a number of instructional designers.  I'm hoping with additional integration with Teams shared access to a course folder might become a reality.  Thanks for your response. 

GideonWilliams
Adventurer II

Lets hope the Teams integration developments bring something new. I wrote this comment in a different thread which hints at better things to come...

"Interesting link - https://www.instructure.com/canvas/resources/blog/canvascon-2020-canvas-and-microsoft-teams-improve-... outlining some of the ideas that Microsoft has for closer integration with Canvas over 2021 and beyond."