cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shouts
Community Member

Online Registration Tool

Is anyone using an online registration tool, such as GoSignMeUp? If so, what are you using and are there pros and cons to what you're using?

Thanks!

15 Replies
JustinBrooksby
Surveyor II

We just purchased GoSignMeUp and are starting our configuration today.  From what I found it is the only registration product that integrates with Canvas.  I will let you know how it is in a couple of months if you are interested.  I also know that University of Colorado Denver is using GoSignMe up.  I spoke with them and they have been using it for a year.

Yes, please keep me posted on how you like it. We're looking at using an online registration tool instead of Google Forms. We had a demo from GoSignMeUp and the tool seemed very busy. I would like to hear about your experience as you use it. We're not married to the idea of having a tool that integrates with Canvas, but having one that did that wouldn't hurt.

mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

Sarah,

I think you are describing Canvas Catalog.  Take a look at the link that applies to you.

Justin,

I wanted to check in with you to see how the configuration with GoSignMeUp is going. We're still researching tools and are curious about your experience.

Thanks!

So far so good.  I have a pretty good idea how it works now.  We will not go live for another 30 days or so.  The Canvas integration works pretty good.  A student can create an account on GoSignMeUp and it will sync with a Canvas login. Also you can create a course in GoSignMeUp and it will create the course in Canvas. They are in the middle of a major software upgrade so there is an old interface and new interface on the admin side.  If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Hey Justin, 

Am following up on this to see if you had a good eyar with GoSignMe Up. We too are looking at this and wondering about its flexibility to deal with a variety of registration scenarios within the same institution (K-12)  etc. 

Looking forward to hearing about positives and challenges. 

Diane

I would give them a mixed review. If I scored from 1-5 with 5 being the best I would grade them a 3.5.  I am happy with the basic functionality, reports, registration and for the most part the Canvas Sync.  What I do not like is how students cannot un-enroll after the course starts. We also have had some sync issues every once in awhile.  I have also had two occasions where their support has been unresponsive. One in which my registration was down for an entire week.  However we have had many other cases where they have been a huge help and very responsive.  If Canvas integration is your #1 priority then GSMU is the main player and I believe the best available solution. I think they are the only registration service with an Alliance Partnership.  They have also been "stuck" in an upgrade of their software over the last two years.  The new stuff looks great but it is slow in changing everything over.  I don't think Canvas Catalog is quite there yet as far as support waitlists, automated emailing etc. I would be happy to answer specific questions if you have any.

Pros

-Automated email

-Certificates

-Easy registration

-Canvas registration sync

-Email course participants

-Course creation and copy

Cons

- Training on the backend

- Multiple interfaces due to upgrade

- Spotty support

- Cancel registrations after course starts

- No grade pass back (They say this will be out in fall)

GoSignMeUp
Surveyor II

For anyone seeking more information about how GoSignMeUp Online Registration software integrates with Canvas, please visit canvas.gosignmeup.com.

The primary advantages are the ability to manage both in-seat and online courses from one place.

Lots of reporting options.

Ability to charge for both online and in-seat courses.

Public facing branded catalog to easily search, sign-up and pay for courses.

Thanks!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shouts ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie