Please vote

BKINNEY
Community Contributor

I don't know if this is the right place for this plea, but it would seem to be of interest to administrators.  I didn't see any other place to put in it the context of this group. Please feel free to use this discussion as a container for Feature Requests you'd like to drum up support for.

There is what I consider a UI bug in Canvas that causes course nav links created through LTI to always be styled as though they were visible to students, even when they aren't. This causes instructors to be afraid to activate the links, for fear that students will see them. Since you have to move the links up into the active category (at least temporarily) in order to use them, it is disconcerting to faculty to find that they are not grayed out. Switching to Student View works, ie, it hides the links, but the color coding is not consistent with the behavior of other admin-only links. Since this has been identified as Instructure as a Feature Request rather than a bug, it needs at least 100 votes. Here is the link.

I apologize in advance for the duplicate post for those of you who follow both the Developer and Administrator groups!