cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner

Rise courses suddenly not passing points in Canvas anymore?

Hi,

This question is for anyone who uses Articulate Rise courses as SCORM packages in Canvas.

Last week (Thursday night) we received a ton of e-mails from students who were not able to progress through their courses anymore. In these courses, we use Rise courses as SCORM packages and learning paths that demand a full score on each assignment. 

While the Rise export options are pretty complex in combination with Canvas, I don't think that's the issue. Assignments (Rise courses) that used to just work just fine and pass points to Canvas just stopped doing this across the board overnight. 

I tried uploading Rise courses to a new course just to test it. I can't get any course (that previously worked just fine) to score points. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Labels (4)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi @michael5 , 

Is this after the SCORM engine upgrade that Instructure did last Thursday, 8th of October? 

Highlighted

Oh! It must be. The issue began happening around Wednesday. I missed those news - do you know where I can read more about it? Nothing turns up on Google. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

We're having the same problem with Storyline presentations. I haven't been able to find out any more information about it yet.

Highlighted
Learner

I haven’t tested any separate storyline assignment yet, but it could very well be the same issue. Seems Instructure has gutted Articulate products with this update. ☹️

I have a case with Instructure, day 3 without a response now so I’m gonna have to do some testing of my own. I’ll post here if I turn up anything useful. 

Highlighted
Learner

I have now tested every single export option in Articulate Rise, none of them result in any reporting to Canvas. 

Testing in SCORM Cloud with same courses yield the exact expected results consistently across every test.

Reporting in Canvas with Articulate products is broken. I don't think there's anything else to do but to wait for Instructure to fix this. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Thank you for looking into it, Michael. I've tested about 5 different Storyline presentations as well. I tried deleting and re-uploading them, but no luck with reporting anything to Grades. I hope we hear back soon.

Highlighted

Too bad. 😞

But, yeah, the SCORM system is simply broken at this point, I don't think there's anything we can do about it. Our support contact said the problem should only occur in Chrome, but my crossbrowser-testing proved this wrong as well. Maybe it can help you, though... but they're aware of the issue and I assume working on a solution at the moment.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Has there been any updates on this issue? I have reached out to our Account Services Team as well as Support but nothing has been acknowledged or solved. There must be many more institutions that are being affected by this.

Highlighted

Hi, 

For us, it has been fixed - however a little tentatively... the engineer I was in contact with said the issue wasn't supposed to be fixed, but it is, and the Rise courses are passing points again. There's another thread about it, you can read my full conclusion here (and there are also some potential fixes if you're using Storyline assignments):

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Group/Canvas-SCORM-issue-after-the-SCORM-maintenance-event-...