Speedgrader comment viewing issue with Safari?

Jump to solution
shane_ohara
Community Champion

Hi everyone,

We've had a couple of reports over the past two days of students being unable to view Speedgrader comments while in Safari (I am uncertain of version at this time). While I dig in further, I wonder if any other institution has had reports of the same?

Thank you,
Shane

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@shane_ohara ​, are you referring specifically to annotations in Crocodoc? There was an issue over the weekend (not specific to Safari, btw) that was reported in the comment section of the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-10-10). ​Specifically, erinhallmark​ posted this late on October 12:

Crocodoc did experience an outage last week and was listed on the Canvas Status page; the outage itself lasted for approximately eight hours from the evening of Sunday, October 4 until very early Monday, October 5. Any comments that were affected by that outage may not have been saved during that time period.

On Saturday, the Crocodoc issue was a bug on our side (not a Crocodoc outage) as part of the production deploy. The release did affect the viewing of annotations and lasted approximately 10 am MT on Saturday until 6pm MT on Sunday. However, that behavior should longer be an issue. All annotations should now be viewable for all users, but they may have to clear their browser cache or try another browser window to view them.

If the proposed remedy doesn't work for your students, or if what you're experiencing is completely unrelated to the above, please post back

View solution in original post