cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

TAs can now edit course settings?

Thanks to millerjm@seminolestate.edu​ we just noticed that our TAs have gained access to items that they did not have before and that Teachers still do not have access to.

We have the following setting turned off for TAs:

• Change course state

On the Course Settings Page our TAs can now change:

• Name
  • Course Code
  • File Storage size
  • Department
  • Start Date
  • End Date
  • License
  • Visibility
  • Format

On the Course Settings Page our Teachers cannot change:

• Name
  • Course Code
  • File Storage size
  • Department

Has anyone else noticed this change?

17 Replies
Highlighted

I just got an update on my ticket and engineering is looking at it.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Highlighted

I'm wondering why this is "assumed answered" since it is an unresolved issue?  Is there an ETA on this being fixed? 

Highlighted

millerjm@seminolestate.edu​, the question is marked "assumed answered" because the solution cannot be provided by members of the Community; the matter is now in the hands of Canvas Support. Normally, questions that require the intervention of Canvas Support are marked "assumed answered" or "correct answer" (if the answer given by the Community is on the order of "submit a help ticket"). Of course, the members of the Community would appreciate knowing the resolution of your ticket if and when you have received an update and have time to post it.

Highlighted

Thanks for the explanation, Stefanie!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Today's update from Instructure Support: 

Unfortunately, we do not have any updates on this issue as of yet. It is still an open issue our engineers are aware of, but we currently do not have any updates.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Is it possible that this change is what gave the TA Role the ability to make changes to course settings? 

Commons Release Notes (2015-11-23)

Has there been any news related to this issue?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Has there been any updates to this?  It's still a big problem and we have had no updates in quite a while... Thanks!

Highlighted
Adventurer

This is the follow up I got today after asking for a status update on JIRA CNVS-14150

Thank you for contacting Canvas support. This Jira is still unresolved. This case is attached to the JIRA so when a fix is deployed you will be notified. Please let us know if you have any additional questions; happy to help

Labels