cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

UK and European Schools using Canvas

Calling all UK and European K12 Schools using Canvas!

Canvas UK is talking about arranging a user group meeting for UK and other European Schools using Canvas. A Forum where we can meet, discuss specific requirements to schools based in the UK and in Europe, and share best practices.  this includes discussing some of the things we need in place to help with the growing list of legislation which may or may not affect how we use the platform.

The first gathering to potentially be in the Summer of 2018 Term, different Schools could take turn hosting these user group meetings.

Please reply to this thread to indicate if this is something you'd be interested in attending, and contributing to.

And Also please post some suggested topics / ideas for the first User Group Meeting.

66 Replies
Highlighted

Thank you Lisa. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back from the canvascon organisers Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hello Andy,

this is great. I actually reached out to Dee yesterday via linked in about having someone from the Focus Group on the Panel. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back from the canvascon organisers Smiley Happy

tx Floriane

Highlighted
Community Member

Sounds great; not sure when I can come online and connect (Zoom is great for screen sharing and is FREE!), but would like to build a regular virtual or real life meet if possible.

CanvasCon2018‌ stream for Key Stage 1-5 (KS1-5‌ - our version of K12) sounds great, especially if Euro-focussed.

Keep me in the loop. How do I get notifications for the community?I only know what is happening here if I remember to log on...

f.latulipe@hamptonschool.org.ukGideon.Williams@britishschool.nll.harris@parkhighstanmore.org.uk & canvas.support@focus-school.com

Highlighted

click on your profile (top right) and select 'preferences' you can edit your notification settings there.

Highlighted
Community Member

Dear Floriane,
Thank you for your proactivity in submitting this proposal. Wey Education will be supporting you and would ensure availability for the panel if required. Wey switched LMS to Canvas in September 2017, and now educate 1500+ students based across Europe and beyond. Our digital classrooms are synchronous through an Adobe Connect integration.
Regards,
Nick

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Love the ks1-5 hashtag.

I wonder if people would be interested in an initial online meeting towards the end of next week? I will get in touch with Jonas to see if we can use Canvas to begin with? 

Would people prefer straight after school eg 4.30pm or 5.00pm or evening eg 7.00, 7.30pm. Any day better next week?

Highlighted

Hello Gideon, any day (except Thursday) next week works for me.  I can be available

- from 14:00 GMT - Mon / Tue / Friday

- from 16:00 GMT - Wed

ps: I added the #ks1-5 tag to the discussion thread at the top.

Highlighted

Hi Gideon, I just got off the phone with jonas.pitteljon , and we set up a course in the 'free for teachers' area and called it  "Canvas EU Ks1-5 User Group", so that we can use the BBB conferencing facility built into Canvas for our user group meetings.

And self enrol on it using the link:   https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/TLTGL9

(once you have been enrolled I can give you permissions to edit it, start the conference calls etc ...

Happy to give this a test drive before the user group meeting next week if you like.  

ps: for those of who haven't already got a login to this area from the days when they were just trying out Canvas, they can register using the link https://canvas.instructure.com/register

Highlighted

This is great news. Will think what the best time is for our first Canvas Chat and get adding it in

Highlighted

Hello Gideon, I am available any time on Wednesday, and straight after school on Thursday.