cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

What happened to List View?

Jump to solution

Has something happened to the List View? I am in a Canvas sandbox, awaiting the finalization of our contract, so maybe the instance I am in is different from others.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi debbie.ellis@moody.edu‌,

It seems that in my own instance of Canvas I only see the List View option when I am enrolled as a student in a course. As an adminstrator/teacher I don't think it shows up.

Hope that helps!

Sam

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I would be surprised if List View was unavailable in a sandbox instance. On the Dashboard, what do you see when you select the kabob (the three dots in a vertical line) in the top right? Mine provides the options "Card View", "List View", "Recent Activity", and "Color Overlay".

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I see everything you see except for "List View." I have a Canvas sandbox with Cidilabs also, and I didn't see "List View" in that instance either. Is there a setting I might have accidentally changed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi debbie.ellis@moody.edu‌,

It seems that in my own instance of Canvas I only see the List View option when I am enrolled as a student in a course. As an adminstrator/teacher I don't think it shows up.

Hope that helps!

Sam

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Do you have full admin privileges to look into your root account's Feature Options within the Settings? I have a Feature Option titled 'To Do List Dashboard' which I believe is linked to List View. Mine is set to 'On' with no slider toggle available. What is yours set as?

Highlighted

Ahhhhh yes, now I remember this being a thing. We have a 'Welcome' course that all users at our institution are enrolled in as Students to make sure it's universally visible, so no wonder we forgot that not everyone has that by default. This is very likely the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, it is automatically set to "On." I can't change it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Andrew and Sam. The explanation makes sense. I wanted to test out the student dashboard feature discussed in an InstructureCarn session, and I think I needed List View to test it out.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

As a full admin, I guess I could enroll myself in a course as a student.

Highlighted

Becoming a student in a course gave me the List View.

Labels