cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Where to put program icons in Canvas?

Hello,

In other LMS installations I've been able to upload program/account-level assets like theme icons to a hosted folder that is persistent across term deployments. In Canvas, I can't find any way to do this.

I don't want course builders to have to link to each icon in each course instance of those assets, I want those links to roll over from term to term, and across courses in the sub-account. Is there a way to do this in Canvas?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

If you want to use the same icon nd have it easily changeable, I would recommend putting your image in Google Drive and copy the embed code for it. We use this in all of our courses for buttons that do not change. As for the links being there from term to term, one way is to create a single public shell and have all of the links come from it. Again the easy of changing things globally is great. 

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Our developers in the school district get some small amount of free Azure blob space because we are an Office 365 school district. It kind of acts like a CDN for the files. I use it to host icons and things for our custom templates.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

sberry7@tulane.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Labels