cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

character length of calendar entry titles

Has anyone else noticed that calendar entry titles no longer word-wrap? That the titles just cut-off.

Would anyone happen to know what the character length is for Calendar entry titles?

Example:

tbd94409-calendar.png

Tags (2)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Susan - I find that the characters displayed depends on how I view the calendar in my browser.

100%:

Capture11.JPG

80%:

Capture12.JPG

Highlighted

Thanks! Though, I have a 27 inch monitor and had to make the browser almost as big to see the titles.

I do not think the teacher who brought this complaint forward is going to like my response.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

It looks like we're already getting questions about this in the Find Answers​ area, e.g. Calendar View I'm wondering if something in the Calendar UI has changed as part of this past weekend's release.

Highlighted

That is what we thought at first too.

Canvas responded to the ticket I opened regarding this with:

"I am sorry that the calendar is cutting off your title entries short. Canvas will show the characters according to you screen display size so if the screen is stretched wider you would be able to see more of the characters. It does not wrap around because it wants to optimize space to allow for several appointments to show on a single day. I am posting link of a video example of me re-sizing my calendar screen so that you can see how the "title of my calendar event shows more or less depending on the screen size of my window. "

Highlighted

Thanks for the support response info, cms_hickss​, and for responding to the open question.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

cms_hickss​, I don't know if you're still following the linked thread, but reports continue to come in on that thread of a change in display behavior. The response from Canvas Support that you received does indeed describe Canvas's current behavior, but doesn't mention whether this is new behavior that was just implemented over the weekend. Anyway, the jury is out...

Highlighted

I did ask them if it was intended behavior or a bug. They never answered. I'm asking again in the ticket now that more people are commenting on the issue.

Highlighted

It looks like my ticket has been moved to L2.

Response:

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your calendar.

We will need to look into this more closely with our colleagues and developers.

Once an update is made available you will be notified of this.

Overall I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience, while we look to resolve this.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi all,

This is now a known issue with the Calendar, and to keep all information focused in one place I'd recommend following " style="color: #2989c5;. We can post an update there when the behavior is resolved, or you're also welcome to file a support case.

Thank you!

Erin

Labels