cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgibson
Community Champion

A Better "Courses in the Account" interface.

courses-in-this-account-03.png

• It is a discriminatory practice to only show the first 50 courses on this page, and then make you "use the finder" for the rest.  PSYChology & ZOOLogy are tired of being slighted.
    • How about an A-Z Navigation Menu for this area so that I could quickly pull up an alphabetical list of courses (e.g. beginning with "H" or "S", etc.)  Maybe a 1,2,3 sub-menu if there are more than 50 courses with the same first letter.
  • How about making the Teachers names a quicklink to message them?
  • Be able to click on the number of Students as a shortcut to an alphabetical list of all the students in the course (like People from the course menu).
  • The Course Title and the Homepage link both go to the same place.  Don't need both.

Adding some extra functionality in this area would make it more useful.  *Is a specific student in the course?  Click the Students link and visually see if they are there.

I'm sure there are more suggestions to make this area a powerful Admin tool.

5 Replies
shane_ohara
Community Champion

Hi Bill,

I like your ideas. I would recommend that you submit a feature idea request with them. See How do I create a new feature idea? for info on how to create one.

Shane

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bgibson ​, you might want to check out this feature idea - - and if you do decide to take this up the chain to feature ideas, my recommendation is to create each of the four parts as it's own unique feature idea. I'd definitely vote for some overhauls to the admin interface!

powellj
Community Participant

Ditto Kona's comments as I have been anxiously awaiting Cosme's updates, but I did want to throw my two cents in here - Personally, I would prefer if the instructor was a link to the user's account page rather than a link to message them. From that page, you could message them, see the courses they're enrolled in, user settings, etc. More globally useful in my opinion.

bgibson
Community Champion

I like that idea!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bgibson ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love (especially questions that are really, really old) and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie