cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwinfield
Community Participant

Anyone have an institutional Canvas Policies & Procedures guide?

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone have an institutional Canvas policies and procedures guide they'd be willing to share?  I'm at a higher ed institution and we know amongst those of us who use Canvas what we do but in the event something were to happen, we'd like something in writing. 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cwinfield , could you be a bit more specific on what types of policies and procedures? We have a board policy requiring students take our online student orientation before they can access their courses in Canvas, but I wasn't sure if that's the type of thing you were talking about or not.

cwinfield
Community Participant

Yes, I should have been more specific.  I'm looking to see if anyone has anything that almost functions like a policies and procedures manual in Canvas.  It would be all encompassing (but I'm going to have to take it on in pieces).  Training requirements for faculty, when courses are loaded, when students are loaded, required deadlines for course publication, etc.. 

If no one already has something similar in place, I'll be sure to share once we build something out.  I just though I'd ask here first to get feedback Smiley Happy 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We don't have anything formal in place, just bits and pieces of what you just mentioned. Yet, it sounds pretty useful and if you're willing to share I'd love to see it!

rake_9
Community Champion

cwinfield
Community Participant

Valerie, this is extremely helpful! Would you mind if I base what we're creating off of this? 

rake_9
Community Champion

That would be fine.  Other than technical details, it is pretty much what we had for our previous LMS. 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cwinfield ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love (especially questions that are really, really old) and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

tlampley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Good Morning Carly!

This is Timothy from Mt. San Jacinto College, in the "Golden State" of California. It's a pleasure to make your virtual acquaintance!

I wanted to communicate to you, that I found your topic to be quite interesting, and timely to the inquiries I am making about a related task!

Since it has been sometime since the last communication regarding your question, I'm not sure if you consider your inquiry complete?  However, if you believe that there is room for additional development, you may find it helpful to join the conversation--or even share--the Higher Education Group based discussion I recently created.  The discussion topic is regarding the creation of an Institutional Implementation Policy, for managing Learning Tool Interoperability (LTIs) utilities within said institution's Canvas instance. 

At your convenience, please view the following link to that discussion: Defining an LTI Implementation Policy and Corre... | Canvas LMS Community 

Again, it's nice to meet you Carly, and I look forward to engaging in future conversations with you!