Canvas for evaluation on early stage.

Jump to solution
apoiata
Community Member

Hi,

I was working as Systems Administrator for a long time and I would like to share my experience with students interested in IT. It is very critical nowadays when a lot of people lost their jobs and there is a chance to survive by changing career.

I would like to create courses and integrate with virtual infrastructure using LTI where students can learn technology and not be afraid to break anything.

I contacted Canvas and I was given setup price for $13600 for the first year. It is too high for me.

Is it any way to use this product at lower price? The price is the barrier to use this product.

user role - Administrator

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Solutions
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Anatolie,

I can definitely sympathize with the position you are in - you want access to admin tools and permissions but don't have a big enough use case, at least getting started, to justify the minimum cost.  You mention having an IT background.  If you haven't already, you might investigate downloading Canvas from Github and running your own locally installed instance.  Other than that I can tell you that in the free version you can do all API calls that do not require admin level access, basically any calls that get the data of the user making the call.

Scott Dennis, Community Director

View solution in original post

0 Likes

>in the free version you can do all API calls that do not require admin level access

What do you mean by "free version"? Is it the teachers free account? Or is it locally installed Canvas?

I didn't find any means on free teachers account to call external platform using REST API call to it.

I don't need REST API calls to Canvas.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes