cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millerjm
Community Champion

Has anyone integrated WebEx with Canvas?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone integrated WebEx with Canvas?  If so, how have you done it?

I know that there is the CircuLive LTI product but we weren't impressed to say the least.  And having to pay another vendor an annual fee for a middleware LTI integration wasn't in the budget.

Thanks so much!

Joni

Tags (2)
9 Replies
brett_pfingston
Community Member

We're considering this as well.  The new version of Chrome (45) no longer supports Java, and I believe for desktop sharing in Conferences it requires Java for some functionality. 

-Brett

millerjm
Community Champion

We love Webex and are seeing quite a bit of adoption.  I honestly can't think of any complaints other than no SSO/integration with canvas. 

Wish there was an integration with Canvas.  😕 hoping to find some senior programming students who need a capstone project. 

N_YOUNG
Community Participant

We have recently (announcement being posted within the next day or so) decided to go with Webex. We have been a Collaborate school for a while, but our study/committee just finished with the choice of Webex. We'll spend the Spring semester implementing.

We'll also be using the CirqLive LTI integration to tie Canvas to Webex. I'd love webex to provide an LTI integration directly (less people to call if something goes wrong), but the CirqLive integration was not cost prohibitive in the slightest.

Based on some of the other questions in this thread, im a little confused. Our conversations and demos with Webex and CirqLive have left me confident of the integration, and with details about how we'll do SSO as well. Our campus users will be able to get to Webex via Canvas, but also directly by logging in through our SSO (Shibboleth). Note: we also have canvas behind shibboleth.

thebert
Community Contributor

Over the last two years, we have had a wonderful experience with Zoom. The integration with Canvas was easy, helpful, and including in our license. Our faculty and students loved Zoom for ease of use and quality. The learning curve was shallow; adoption has been on the rise by word of mouth; our trajectory looked great!

Sadly, WebEx bought our business, so I will transition our growing community of Zoom users to WebEx.

Like you Joni, I'm not interested in a third party LTI tool (e.g. CirqLive). Apparently, I must integrate Canvas and WebEx with meeting URLs.

WebEx has a Personal Meeting Room feature that resembles Zoom. I'm hopeful that I can shrink the dismay and learning curve among our Zoom users with this feature. Will it "integrate" like Zoom? No . . . but I'm eager to see if I can make the WebEx/Canvas interface transparent to our formerly happy Zoom users.

By the way, I have nothing against WebEx. If my user community loves a product, then I love the product, too. Their love makes adoption easier and support less frequent. Hopefully, WebEx will become their new teleconferencing love.

Glory to the newborn King!

brendaa
Community Contributor

I'm looking for an update on this.  We have WebEx but decided not to go with the integration via CirqLive originally.  We are revisiting that and would be interested in speaking with anyone using that integration to see how it is working.  Is the integration useful?  Is there good support when things don't work?

Thanks!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@millerjm ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

We (Ga Tech) are also an enterprise WebEx customer and would like to integrate with Canvas. Updates on integration without CirQlive would be great. Thanks! 

Webex has a new Education Connector.  We previewed it and love the new and improved interface and will be using it during the summer term. I would love to hear how you all prepared faculty to use it effectively.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n77zrcq/Install-the-Cisco-Webex-Education-Connector-in-Your-Learning-Ma...