Help! Accessing Zoom as a Student in Canvas

Jump to solution
lethbri2
Community Participant

We've recently adopted Zoom and it falls under my umbrella to get it integrated into Canvas. I've integrated Canvas using the LTI Pro option from the Zoom Marketplace. I thought everything was setup properly but after attending a short admin Zoom webinar, I'm unclear if I'm missing an important step.

By request, I setup instructors with a Pro zoom account. Once they have the setup complete, I help them put Zoom on their course menu and provide a short student guide that they can share with their students. With our previous web conferencing tool, students didn't need to create or have an account created to use it. 

So long story short: Does anyone know if students need basic Zoom accounts setup for them to participate in a meeting that their instructor sets up? If so, is there an easy way to go about this? 

I've contacted Zoom support and have asked for a meeting to go over the details but sometimes their support isn't very zoom'y.... 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lethbri2 ...

After double-checking with  @kenneth_rogers ‌, it is our understanding that students are "attendees" in a Zoom meeting, so they shouldn't have to create a separate Zoom account in order to participate.  It's all sort-of single sign-on right from inside of Canvas.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post