Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qnguyen
Community Member

How to find out where the course is cross-listed with ?

Hi,

We have several course got cross listed with others. Then later on, when we go to the "child" courses, can't find a way to search for where the "parents" are. Of course inside the child Sections there are no student or info where it went to.

Thanks

Tags (2)
3 Replies
tdelillo

The best way I've found to solve these cross-listing mysteries is to run a provisioning report. When you click on "configure", one of the choices is "X list CSV". You can run it for the current term or all terms. The report shows the xlist_course_id (the parent) and the sections that are associated with it, and the shell the section came from originally (in the nonxlist_course_id field).

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@qnguyen ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love (especially questions that are really, really old) and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie