Reports for Funding Audits from Canvas

Jump to solution
jbrown10
Community Novice

My company is based in Australia and we have very strict reporting requirements when it comes to providing evidence of participation for students who receive state government funding. 

Canvas Reports and Analytics don't provide us with enough information. I'm looking for suggestions of how other canvas users use any third party tools or LTI's to gather greater insight into student activity within a course. 

My CSM did provide me with a report ('all version student submission report') that canvas can provide at a cost however it was not 100% what was needed. 

Our compliance team are very hesitant to trust Canvas is compliant in the Aus RTO space because the reports on evidence of participation are not robust enough to simply export a single report and provide this to an Auditor. 

Any suggestions of other third party analytics tools or even use of the Canvas API to pull a robust report on individual activity within canvas would be great.

Cheers

Labels (2)
2 Solutions
jsavage2
Community Contributor

Hi Joel,

Do you have access to the Canvas Data Portal? If you have needs for specific reports that are beyond what’s normally available, you can get data down to individual page views as either CSV extracts or Red Shift data. That can be used to feed whatever your preferred reporting/BI tools are that you use to report on your other systems.

For those of us outside Australia, though: what are the specific reporting requirements. There is an abundance of information available through the API, but it’s difficult to recommend specific actions without knowing what your auditor will accept as adequate evidence of participation.

View solution in original post

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

Feel free to bring discussions of this nature over to the Vocational Ed & Training user group.

View solution in original post