Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmitchell
Community Contributor

SCORM and Storyline Scoring - Complete/Incomplete

Jump to solution

Hey Gang,

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure Storyline activities to report a score of incomplete or complete in Canvas?

We're currently using SCORM 2004 (4th edition), with a completed/incomplete report, that tracks using a quiz result. We upload to Canvas as a graded assignment (using the SCORM tool) and then set the assignment to report as a percentage with a possible score of 100 points.

With these settings, I'm getting scores of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. These scores are directly related to the four "sections" the student has to complete in the exercise. These four sections all have a results slide, and the final results slide is pulling scores from these slides to verify the exercise was completed.

Here is a copy of the exercise if you're curious: googledrive.com/host/0BzDHHYVVhc19MHhlbjVuLUxtbXM

Again, we just want Storyline to report the exercise is complete and give them full value for the exercise if they achieve a passing score. I've tested other scenarios (like reporting based on slides viewed) without success. I don't want it to report partial scores.

Any info anyone out there could provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for posting that Angela and for reminding me. I was going to report back. Smiley Happy

We're seeing the same thing with Storyline when trying to set up a Complete/Incomplete assignment. It still reports a partial score. Unfortunately we haven't discovered a work around.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

Nice exercise!

Have you tried setting the points=4 and Display grade as complete/incomplete?

Another possibility is to create a custom grading scheme for the assignment such as this one:Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 4.56.40 PM.png

mmitchell
Community Contributor

Thanks Mike!

I'm going to try this out and see what happens. I really appreciate the suggestion.

Mike

mmitchell
Community Contributor

It seems when we try to display the grade as Incomplete/Complete in Canvas, the score is not updating to complete once the activity is done.

It sticks at the first section and gives them the score based on just that one even when students complete all sections. It's being really stubborn.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with SCORM in Canvas rather than the activity.

Has anyone else seen the same thing when trying to score Incomplete/Complete assignments and SCORM?

Mike

I don't know how the developer of the LTI designed the sending of the grade back into Canvas.

Have you tried the Custom Grading Scheme?

mmitchell
Community Contributor

Hey Mike,

We tried the custom grading scheme and it still gave them a partial score. I should qualify this by saying a different person tested this. I haven't seen it in action myself.

I'm going to go test it as well and see if I come up with the same thing.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Hopefully we can get this sorted.

Please do double check. If it's set up properly, I'd be surprised if it didn't work.  Let me know how it goes.

angela_nicholas
Community Participant

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have a Storyline 2 quiz with 8 questions. I would like for students to receive a Complete and earn the full 5 points possible if they achieve>70%, and an Incomplete (0 points) if they get <70% (which is the Pass mark set up in Storyline). I've tried using the Complete/Incomplete grade in Canvas, but it only reports Complete if the user achieves 100%. I tried editing the Letter Grade grading scheme:

175147_pastedImage_0.png

But when the student gets a 75%, the grade in Canvas reflected the actual points:

175154_pastedImage_1.png

Is there a way to make this a true Complete/Incomplete exercise in Canvas? The data passed correctly when I uploaded the quiz to SCORM Cloud, so I think I just need to figure out the correct Canvas configuration.

Thanks,

Angela

Thanks for posting that Angela and for reminding me. I was going to report back. Smiley Happy

We're seeing the same thing with Storyline when trying to set up a Complete/Incomplete assignment. It still reports a partial score. Unfortunately we haven't discovered a work around.

Thanks for the update. We put in a support ticket to Canvas. I'll post if we hear anything!