Syncing grades from Canvas to Populi

Jump to solution
EvanDonovan
Community Participant

I just got the basic sync working from the Populi SIS to Canvas. It creates courses in Canvas that we have in Populi and enrolls students in them. However, once I have those courses in Canvas, I am having trouble getting the grades to sync back

There is an option in the Populi integration called "Sync Grades from Canvas to Populi." It is described as, "In addition to syncing enrollment data from Populi to Canvas, should current and final course grades also be copied back over to Populi?"

I had this option set to "No" when I initially synced over the course to Canvas, but I have changed it now to "Yes". Now I have created an assignment in the course, published the course & assignment, and entered a grade for a student for the assignment.

This student was enrolled by the Populi sync, and has an SIS ID, so it should be linked to Populi. However, the grade sync is not sending the grade back.

Has anyone else gotten this to work? If so, what did you do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
EvanDonovan
Community Participant

I figured out what I had done wrong. I created a new Canvas user for my sync, as Canvas had recommended, but I didn't give it permission to view Courses, Users, or Grades. Once I gave it all the viewing permissions related to those, the sync worked, since Populi uses the Canvas API to get that data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes