cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameshanlon1
Community Member

There is no Edit and Upload buttons in Themes

Jump to solution

My school (Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine) purchased Canvas. I downloaded the Bitnami/Debian/Canvas VM to load up in VirtualBox to test custom CSS and Javascript themes because I don't want to test on the live server. I do not see the Edit and Upload buttons in Themes. Is this not a feature on the Canvas download or is there a config file I need to edit to make it available?  Thanks for your assistance on this.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I spoke with our LMS administrator for the organization and said we are working in the production environment so I wondering how I can test features in a test environment. Can I create a sub-account and test CSS and Javascript in there and delete it when I am done?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dgrobani
Community Champion

You can do whatever you want in the test environment--it gets reset every three weeks with the data from your production environment. Check out this page on the test environment. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dgrobani
Community Champion

Are you aware that Instructure provides you with a test environment , as well as a beta environment , that you can do testing in?

jameshanlon1
Community Member

Thanks for your quick response. I may be in the beta or test environment right now because I know that they will be copying everything over from the site I am in now to another site at some point. However, I am still wondering why I can see the two buttons in Themes. Also, SCORM is not in this program. 

I spoke with our LMS administrator for the organization and said we are working in the production environment so I wondering how I can test features in a test environment. Can I create a sub-account and test CSS and Javascript in there and delete it when I am done?

0 Kudos
dgrobani
Community Champion

You can do whatever you want in the test environment--it gets reset every three weeks with the data from your production environment. Check out this page on the test environment. 

0 Kudos

Thanks Adventurer for your response. Our organization does have access to the test environment. So if we make a user and admin in the test environment, there would be no way for the user credentials be replicated to the production environment. Then in 3 weeks the account would be written with the original access. 

dgrobani
Community Champion

That's right. If you want changes you make to your test environment to appear in your production environment, you'll have to make those same changes manually in production.