cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertlbishop
Community Participant

View Grades/Assignments Only

Jump to solution

Is there a way to allow students to access the gradebook and the feedback they've received on assignments without allowing them to also access the content of a completed course?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

I don't know of a full-proof way to do this.  You could try by hiding all of the links in the course navigation except the gradebook.  But even from the gradebook they could open an activity and might be able to then move back and forth through a module using the Next buttons.

Maybe if you unpublished anything you didn't want them to see. But if you're looking for a way to only allow them to see grades without being able to access assignment pages from the gradebook, I don't think it is possible. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gnoack
Community Champion

I don't know of a full-proof way to do this.  You could try by hiding all of the links in the course navigation except the gradebook.  But even from the gradebook they could open an activity and might be able to then move back and forth through a module using the Next buttons.

Maybe if you unpublished anything you didn't want them to see. But if you're looking for a way to only allow them to see grades without being able to access assignment pages from the gradebook, I don't think it is possible. 

View solution in original post

robertlbishop
Community Participant

Thanks, @gnoack. I hadn't thought of unpublishing the content, as I was looking for a more systemic way to do this, but this can work on a small scale. I experimented with unpublishing the modules. A student can still click on the grade in the gradebook and see their own submission, along with the filled-out rubric, but not the assignment instructions or any other module content.

I'm still hoping to find a setting that will allow me to do this on a larger scale, but this will work for now. Thanks again!