cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vartouhi_asheri
Community Participant

analytics from course level not student by student

I got this question and do not know if there is a way to do this

"I was wondering if there was a way to compile Access Reports for all of a class’ students rather then going in one by one and checking which links/services were used in the week? (the  link/services is a left navigation add on of Library services) 

Right now, what I do to make sure people are accessing the library services link in my embedded classes, I click on the students name and then access their Access Report and make sure that they have used the library tab. I understand I cannot specifically choose which links were clicked, but it gives me a good idea about how much time they spent on their weekly research assignment. I then compile this for the professor as part of the students grade each week.

I’m just hoping there is better way to do this."

Thank you

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

vartouhi.asherian, Canvas doesn't have this functionality built in, but there is a nifty and pretty easy way to do it using the following Canvancement - Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course.

Hope this helps!

j_c_turner
Community Contributor

Hi

I can see your point, but I would like to see something similar on a programme level. All our students have personal tutors. It would be so useful for them to be able to get an overview report of a particular student across all of their canvas courses. Have you a Canvancement for that? Smiley Happy

bneporadny
Community Champion

vartouhi.asherian &  @j_c_turner ,

They way I have been able to accomplish this for my institution is by using the Canvas API Get users-in-a-course-level participation data.  #Analytics - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  I call this API for each students currently enrolled course on a nightly basis and then import the data retrieved into a database table for us to then produce a report showing what the student has done and when was the last time the accessed each individual course as well as when the last time the participated in the course.

This can also be done by using canvasdata and we will switch to using that once we have our systems in place to download Canvas Data updates daily.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

vartouhi.asherian,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie