cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Catalog's Search Form - how does it work?

I am trying to find some documentation on how Catalog's search form works but can't find much online. From using it in our instance, it appears it works by searching for Listings in the immediate Catalog not the sub-catalogs beneath it. Is that how it works?

If that is the case, then it's not that useful when a lot of your main catalog pages contain no course listings. Just wondering if any other Catalog users have encountered this issue and how have you managed it? 

Was thinking about:

• Adding some code to make the search engine results show on a separate browser window than on our main catalog page - which is set up not to show any listings; and
  • Setting up another search engine that searches the whole Catalog.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers

Greg 

Tags (2)
11 Replies
greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Hi Jessica 

Thought I would just complete this thread about getting the search engine to search and show all Catalog listings hidden on the homepage. The code I provided and suggested to use works but creates page reload problems throughout Catalog.

So after much thinking, I came up with the following code that just targets the homepage with th extra click function to reload the page with a much quicker page reload speed now.

//loads hidden search results for homepage only
var url= window.location.pathname;
if (window.location.pathname == '/' ){
$('#search-submit').click(function() {
setTimeout('location.reload();'1);
});

Thank you.