cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsasso
Community Contributor

Change text within account registration in Catalog

Hello Catalog users -

I'm in need of coding help. We are wanting to change the Already have an account? Sign in here text. I've reviewed the GitHub code (catalog/branding/change_registration_page_account_text at master · unsupported/catalog · GitHub)

and pasted the JS into the appropriate box on the Catalogs > Customizations page. I see no change in my wording when testing the Enroll page.

For example, here is a current view:

314045_Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 11.38.11 AM.png

I simply want to change the text to read Already have a UTK NetID? Sign in here.

Here is the code I'm using:

var find_text = 'Already have an account?';

var replace_text = 'Already have a UTK NetID?';

var url_path = /^\/(courses|programs)\/\d+\/enrollment\/new\/*/i;

if(location.pathname.match(url_path)){

var element = $("p.text-center:contains('"+find_text+"')");

element.html(element.html().replace(find_text, replace_text));

}

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rosie

7 Replies
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Honestly, we have not found a way to do this. I would recommend contacting support.

trinaadams
Community Participant

Will keep an eye on this!

We have users completely skip over Sign in here due to size compared to the eye candy of the profile fields.

rsasso
Community Contributor

A couple of updates to my original question -

(1) I did reach out to support. They are not able to assist with any coding. Totally understandable!

(2) Here in the Community, I found  @John_Lowe ‌'s post Custom text on user registration screen. and with his latest code tweak, I was able to at least add text beneath the standard "Already have an account?" notice. Smiley Happy

Hope this update helps!

greg_lawrence
Community Participant

I would use jquery for this. Something like.

$(window).load( function() {
var urlList = ["yoururl"];
if(window.location.href==urlList[0])
$newtext2 = "<p>Already have a UTK NetID? Sign in here</p>";
$(".divname):contains('Already have an account?')").html($newtext2);
});

It finds the text string that needs replacing within the div element (you need to know its name) in question and replaces it with an HTML variable called 'newtext2' for a specified URL. I have used similar replace and find code in Catalog.

An alternative 'find and replace' method in jquery is: 

$(".divname").find(":contains('Already have an account?')").html("<p>Already have a UTK NetID? Sign in here</p>");

Hope this helps

Greg 

This is great!

rsasso
Community Contributor

Thank you! I will test this out for sure!

This was great! by any chance do you know how i can change the text that says Self-paced? 

thank you