cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfenton
Community Participant

Custom Reports in Catalog

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Jon Fenton and I'm a new Product Manager at Instructure. In case you haven't heard, Instructure is putting a dedicated team of developers together to work on Catalog (yay!). We're committed to the future of Catalog and excited to begin active development on the platform once again.

We sent out a couple of surveys recently where we asked about the features people are most excited to see in Catalog. We were blown away by the level of participation and if anyone hasn't had a chance to see those results, you can check them out here

One of the biggest requests we're getting is for improved reporting capabilities. This is clearly a feature that a lot of people are anxious to see us improve. But we want to make sure we know how enhancements here could be the most beneficial. So we need your input! What types of reports or data would be most useful for your institution? Is it reports on user defined fields? More data options in our current reports? Or maybe you want our reports to be StarWars themed and make lightsaber sounds when you click the export button? Whatever it is, I'd love to hear from you. 

Thanks everyone!

13 Replies
kimberly_ellis
Instructure
Instructure

Sorting/filter functionality and the ability to export to Excel for all reports!!!

jmsmit49
Community Participant

Reporting from the Continuing Education side. This is what improved data means to us!

• The ability to pull 1 report with revenue and enrollment
    • Have the revenue report be sortable before download rather than one large aggregated report 
  • ID’s for all courses that are in the catalog bundle
  • Revenue report and Canvas enrollment report reflect one another 
  • Start and end dates on revenue report
  • Catalog doesn’t push course titles to paypal - Push more data to paypal
  • Course download for courses (order, enrolled, visibility and enrollable) - course level data
  • Promotion code management and report (I lump this with data because it's reflected in revenue)
    • Download and filter by sub-account and usage 
  • Tag reporting! Courses can be tagged with categories but there isn't any reporting on what it means or if it's useful for course search
  • A viewable list of courses that are not public in the catalog. If you forgot the name of a course tile you created and you made it private, good luck finding it again!

In Continuing Education, we are interested in the full learner journey from checkout to completion. We would love our catalog and canvas reports to talk to one another to be able to track course completion and progress. 

nathanphillips
Community Participant

One of the most important things to me would be automation. e.g., sending a report out automatically in a daily email, even better would be an integration, like sending it to google drive, etc. 

I know that's probably possible with the API, but that's expensive to set up. 

bromanski
Community Participant

Custom Reports in Catalog‌ are there any updates to these requests?