Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Embed a video in a Catalog listing

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to embed a video into a Catalog listing? If you select the link that I have "embedded it does open the youtube video but we would rather have it like it is on the Canvas Network where the video is in the listing?

Create MOOCs to Make Your Non-profit Bigger and Better - Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOC...  We have tried iframes and this does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jessica

267564_pastedImage_1.png

4 Replies
kathy_harris
Community Contributor

We used this coding to embed the video.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E__4liqKH5A?rel=0&showinfo=0" width="100%" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Take a look at National Pesticide Applicator Core Exam Prep Course - Pesticide Courses 

I looked at the coding on the Canvas Network, and it looks like they embedded it with the iframe also.

You can get this code from YouTube if the video allows embedding. If you need help with that, email me at kathy.harris@usu.edu.

That didn't work for us,  @kathy_harris ‌. See below. Where are you placing the code?267827_pastedImage_1.png

kathy_harris
Community Contributor

@jsowalsk ‌, you will need to go into the HTML coding of the listing to add the<iframe>. Use the pencil icon above the box in the Full Descriptio to get to the HTML code.

267796_pastedImage_1.png

I've noticed lately that you can't find these buttons once you get into the HTML coding, which is weird!!! Therefore, you will need to Save the Listing & click on lsiting again, & then on the particular listing again in order to get back to the non-HTML view again.

Did that work?

That worked!!!!! Thank you!!!!!