cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfloyd23
Community Participant

Google Analytics and Catalog?

We've gotten a request from one of our customers to add some Google Analytics to a specific sub-catalog in order to gather additional data about how customers are interacting with that site. I've played with the custom Javascript section of catalog customization, but since that page doesn't allow you to edit the header, I've been having some trouble with it.

Has anyone else been able to add these kinds of features to a subcatalog or have any recommendations?

17 Replies
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for the update. I will bring this up with Instructure.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi all,

I talked to Instructure and they said that this feature request is only when you use campaigns then it will break. Instructure will not take responsibility for any issues with Google Analytics they said.
Jessica
liam_gardner
Community Participant

Hi all,

This is something we are looking to install also, I have voted for the idea shared above. Hopefully, this is something that can be worked out! 

Thanks for your update Jessica, I will be asking for more information on this via our customer success manager and will report back if I find anything more out. 

Liam

Perfect, thank you.

makraft
Community Contributor

@jsowalsk ,

Does this mean the GA code ONLY works when it's in the root? We have a lot of sub and sub-subs that would like their own GA codes. 

Thanks!

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yes,  @makraft ,‌ it will only work in the root, unfortunately.

Hi! I realize this post has been around a while, it looks like the link to the feature request is no longer active. Is this still a request out in the ether? Wondering if you ever got this working. We're new Catalog clients trying to get the same thing working. 

Also would love if anyone would share their JS code! It seems like the same sort of injection that we made in the Canvas LMS is not working on catalog. 

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I tried looking for the feature idea and I do not see it any longer. Here is another post about customization: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Catalog-Users/Does-your-institution-customize-your-Canvas-Catalog...