cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmsmit49
Community Participant

Rearranging program course order on live courses

Catalog Users Group Canvas Admins I would like to change the order of program requirements for a live Catalog program with active enrollments. Basically there are 3 courses, and our faculty wanted to switch the order of course 2 and 3. I tested this in beta and everything seemed ok but I'm hesitant to do this on a live course. Fortunately, they have start dates. That’s acting like our gatekeeper requirement to keep people from jumping ahead. Will any of the student progress be altered? Luckily, none of the students have moved past course 1 yet so there is still some time. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@bernstlc ‌ Do you have this issue?

bernstlc
Community Participant

Wish I could help, but we have not yet run any Programs in Catalog -- just individual Course listings. I've done some experimenting with them in Beta to see how we might use them, but have not played around with the Course order as Jaclyn described.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for your help. We only have one program but we have not had this issue yet.

jmsmit49
Community Participant

I know it was a while ago but as an update - we were able to rearrange the course order and student activity wasn't impacted.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Glad to hear it!

parm
Community Participant

Hi Jaclyn,

I'm curious how you changed the order with making the course sequence a requirement? I was able to do that by removing and adding in the courses in the sequence I wanted them to appear in. But I wonder if there is another way? 

Parm

jmsmit49
Community Participant

Hi Parm,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is another way to rearrange them without deleting and readding since there isn't a drag and drop feature in catalog. I researched this a little and didn't find an alternative.

But that would be a cool feature down the line! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!