cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwrigley
Community Participant

Salesforce and Catalog integration? Anyone done this?

Preface: we are not Catalog customers. After seeing a demo of Catalog, we followed up with Instructure to ask for references of other higher education customers who are using Salesforce and Catalog and have successfully integrated the two platforms. It was recommended that we instead pose this question to the Catalog Community as this person was not aware of any of their customers having done this integration. So here I am. Has anyone done this? I've also asked to connect with an Instructure Engineer who can tell us more about what they think might be involved/required in the process but I haven't yet heard back (my request was sent last Thursday). 

Thanks in advance!

Cc:  @lftapper 

@kmarengo ‌

16 Replies
tatee1
Community Member

We are in the process of purchasing Catalog but will not get to our integration with Salesforce until the end of this year.  I'm following this topic to see what comes up.  If we get there first, I'll share what we discover.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would recommend bringing this up at the August 1st Catalog User Group meeting. 

kwrigley
Community Participant

If someone could on my behalf, I would very much appreciate it. I was not aware of such a meeting as we are not Catalog customers and haven't been invited to this meeting. We are exploring options and were hoping to talk to other institutions that have both Catalog and Salesforce implemented before we make any decisions. 

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

The meet information is in the Events section.

kwrigley
Community Participant

Thank you, I saw that. However, I am not available to attend.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would suggest then asking your CSM if they know of anyone.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@kwrigley  

It is so great to have you in the Community and in this user group!  Jessica has made a couple helpful suggestions for synchronous connections, but we all know those aren't always possible to attend.  The results also tend to stay with a core group of people and don't become a lasting resource.  

So, thank you for posting this question to allow time and space for others to reply and share!  I do hope that if this question is asked at the meeting that a summary of the answers/discussion will be posted here!  

Looking forward to watching this network grow!

@Renee_Carney  I will add this to the agenda.

Please also encourage people to respond individually here as well!