cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwrigley
Community Participant

Salesforce and Catalog integration? Anyone done this?

Preface: we are not Catalog customers. After seeing a demo of Catalog, we followed up with Instructure to ask for references of other higher education customers who are using Salesforce and Catalog and have successfully integrated the two platforms. It was recommended that we instead pose this question to the Catalog Community as this person was not aware of any of their customers having done this integration. So here I am. Has anyone done this? I've also asked to connect with an Instructure Engineer who can tell us more about what they think might be involved/required in the process but I haven't yet heard back (my request was sent last Thursday). 

Thanks in advance!

Cc:  @lftapper 

@kmarengo ‌

16 Replies

Perfect.

kwrigley
Community Participant

Jessica, I had previously done this. Sorry that wasn't clear in my intro post. Unfortunately, we were told to ask that question here instead as they could not identify any of their customers who had done the integration between Catalog and Canvas. 

kwrigley
Community Participant

Thank you very much, Renee! I haven't yet received a reply from my message last Thursday sent to Marae Wright, Cade Wilder, or our CSM, Nicki Dittemore concerning speaking with a developer or a solutions engineer. Hopefully someone from the community sees this and can speak to their experience. 

kwrigley
Community Participant

Oops, I mean integration between Catalog and Salesforce. 

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Gotcha.

froelich
Community Member

Hi, Kate -

While we haven't fully "integrated" the two, we are currently working with an external consultant to to set up a data feed from Catalog to SalesForce. We want to be able to record transactions for financial reporting, and retain some registrant data for our records. This should actually be done fairly easily as it's just using standard API calls. What would your proposed integration entail?

Erik

kwrigley
Community Participant

Thanks Erik! I believe we are looking to do a similar integration from the sounds of it. In addition, for matriculated students who are registering for micro-courses from Catalog, we'd like to feed that registration data to their advisors from Salesforce (possibly also integrating with a badging system TBD as well). Do you mind me asking who you are partnering with to set up your data feed? Is it a live feed or a scheduled snapshot? (We would be okay with the latter.)