Is there a way to export and import more than one course at once?

Jump to solution
PedroHamzeh
Community Member

I would like to know if there is a way to export and import more than one course at once. I know we can go inside a course and then go to settings and export this course, but I would like to do it with several courses and then import all of them in another environment that I have.

Is it possible?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
emily_beckman
Community Contributor

Hi @PedroHamzeh,

I do not know of a way to export/import more than one course at a time since you have to select an import file and export from a single course. Are you wanting to export multiple courses because you want to import select parts of the course or are you looking to import the full course content and have one large course with everything?  You could also use the Copy a Course option where you can select the specific items you want to copy over into your new course.

Depending on what you are trying to do you might have better luck with Canvas Commons. If you are wanting to pull resources from multiple courses and get them into one Canvas Commons might be better suited for that vs the export/import option. Your institution does need to have Canvas Commons turned on. The below resources might be helpful.

What is Canvas Commons - Video Overview

How to share content to Canvas Commons

How to import and view content from Canvas Commons

View solution in original post