cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellenk
Community Member

Granular Permissions to Access Canvas Data?

Jump to solution

The Getting Started with Canvas Data webinar made it seem as though a Canvas data admin could give a second user access to specific tables, limited to a specific query (more granular access).  However, I can't find documentation in the guides to support that.  Is it possible to give a Canvas user access through the data portal to just the files for a specific query?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kellenk ​, I'm not sure of the type of information you'd like to provide specific people, but here's a great example of what can be done for Instructors using some API calls (and a little programming) - Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course

Hope it helps or at least gives you something to think about/try out!

View solution in original post

I Have had trouble getting logged into this app i keep getting a warrning page but youre  info was very helpful

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kellenk ​, I double-checked and it appears that there are different permissions, but not to access different parts of the data.

kellenk
Community Member

Thank you, Kona.

Take care,

Kate

Katherine Kellen, Ed.D.

Professor of English

Adjunct Professor of Education

Seminole State College

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kellenk ​, I'm not sure of the type of information you'd like to provide specific people, but here's a great example of what can be done for Instructors using some API calls (and a little programming) - Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course

Hope it helps or at least gives you something to think about/try out!

kellenk
Community Member

This is so handy, Kona, thanks so much!

Take care,

Kate

I Have had trouble getting logged into this app i keep getting a warrning page but youre  info was very helpful

0 Kudos