cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galyenk
Community Contributor

How old is redshift data?

Jump to solution

I've looked and have seen others ask a similar question, but I'm not quite sure I saw a solid answer.

Is the Redshift data just as old as the Canvas Date we get on our instance? We are considering purchasing the Redshift plan, but are under the assumption that it would be 24 hours old.

Can someone point to me where that information is? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

Deactivated user just made an announcement on March 31 that there is a plan to make it less than 24-36 hours old. Canvas Studio: Canvas Data Incremental Loading

View solution in original post

5 Replies
James
Community Champion

Deactivated user just made an announcement on March 31 that there is a plan to make it less than 24-36 hours old. Canvas Studio: Canvas Data Incremental Loading

View solution in original post

cward
Instructure
Instructure

Currently the latency is about 24 hours for all the Canvas Data modalities (flat files, API, Redshift). The main benefit of Redshift is that it takes away all the work on your end with getting the data into a data warehouse.

galyenk
Community Contributor

@James , thanks so much! I wasn't aware of the announcement. Fabulous news and great ot know it is on the roadmap.

galyenk
Community Contributor

Chris, Great to know. thanks for the specific information! That must be why I was feeling like it was "days" old in the flat files, because by the time we got it into analyzable format, it was 2-3 days old at the earliest. Thank you!

lmd5
Community Participant

Just want to verify that the age of the data is still 24-36 hours old?  Not sure why I don't have access to the Canvas Studio link.  Will ask my CMS that today.