smccann
Instructure
Instructure

InstructureCon 2017 Canvas Data Meet-up

Would anyone in this community group be open to meeting up during InstCon to discuss what cool things each other may be doing?

I'm not sure if I can find a room in time. If not, it's BYOB.

Tags (1)
9 Replies
amcdona
Community Participant

Yes please!

0 Kudos
kschneider25
Community Champion

Can I be a fly on the wall?

jguo14

cannot physically be here. Do you guys do online meeting as well?

0 Kudos
smccann
Instructure
Instructure

Ok, so it looks like we won't be able to secure a room in time. We will be hosting a Canvas Data table at Hacknight on Wednesday from 8pm - 11pm. Feel free to stop by!

jpzook

Just signed up for Hack Night before seeing this post.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

0 Kudos
amcdona
Community Participant

Was there a Canvas Data roadmap session or can you discuss any future releases?

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

We are currently in the process of switching Canvas Data over to a new Product Manager and Engineering team. With this, our roadmap is still be re-evaluated. I can tell you though that moving to Canvas Data 2.0 is our #1 concern. Features of Canvas Data 2.0 include:

• 4-6 hour incremental data loads
  • Refined requests table
  • New backend re-writes to ensure more stability in our data dumps

I was not able to make it to this event but I was wondering what is the timeline for Canvas Data 2.0?

Kerlene

0 Kudos

Hi Kerlene,

Since the change in Product Managers and engineering team, we currently do not have a timeline for Canvas Data 2.0. Once the team has time to become more established in the next month, I am expecting to see a more defined roadmap for 2017 - 2018 be released. I will make sure to publish all updates in this community space I can share as they become available.