Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Speedgrader/DocViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

We're aware that there are two parts to this idea. The "Speedgrader" piece of the request is complete; the idea remains open for DocViewer annotations comments.

It would be a great timesaver for writing instructors and anyone else making many of the same comments to students on assignments to save and store comments in SpeedGrader/Crocodoc DocViewer as one is able to do in Turnitin's Grademark feature. This feature would help SpeedGrader really live up to its name, too.

This has been a request since August 2012: Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Crocodoc : Help Center

180 Comments
unamc90
Community Novice

If I'm reading this right, this has been a request since 2012! Any progress yet? Can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet.

rmbutterfield
Community Explorer

Why is this feature available in the rubrics but not the regular comments on speedgrader?

hottingert
Community Participant

I agree that this feature is long overdue.  Teachers need to have this feature enabled like 8 years ago when it was first introduced.  My teachers are calling for this feature all the time.  It would make their job easier.

Alexis_Hope
Community Member

To add to this 8-year-old discussion:
When a comment is added to a performance scale rubric, that comment can't be saved for later use. This is possible for rubrics with points, but not with levels. Expanding the comment-saving capability would be a great time saver for our teachers, and up the quality of their feedback with multiple iterations. Anyway we can expand this functionality?

imagine
Community Member

Yes! The feedback features are all so sweet...looking, but working with them is so clumsy, especially the highlighter, which has the most potential, but is often awful to deal with. Anyway, having saved comments would really help. 

renee4
Community Explorer

This is still so needed, I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet! I shouldn't have to have a completely separate program open--my own spreadsheet--with comments I've already saved when we could have this information in Canvas itself. 

lrattray
Community Member

This would be a huge win!

stephen_taylor
Community Contributor

This is a highly requested feature and has been for over 5 years now.  What's the status of it?

We have the ability to save comments in a free form rubric than can be re-used within the same or duplicated assignments - why not just extend that to rubrics in general?  They are clearly already being stored somewhere and is functionally possible.

jacob5
Community Member

this would save hundreds of cliks/hours/$$....

chi-ray
Community Member

Seems like if it's been a feature request for over 5 years that they're not monitoring this.  Clicks = time = money.  Teachers have too little of both.  Teachers need all the help they can get.