Search Pages

0 Likes
(4)

Under course links can we PLEASE have the ability to search page names. Elementary courses have a lot of pages because we teach all subjects. Filtering the pages would be super super super super time saving!

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@LFPark 

Please add your comments to the discussion underway at Comprehensive Course Search Tool (Searching Course Content for a Topic) . We've archived this one to remove the duplication and to keep the conversation unified in one place.

Thanks.

zwxq
Community Explorer

This program is such a time suck!!

when I open all of my pages--there should be a search bar!!

kraimont
Community Participant
Problem statement:

The pages feature is excellent without a doubt, but as courses grow, it becomes increasing difficult to find previously created pages because the only way to do so right now is to scroll, and scroll, and scroll. There is a search box in Files, Quizzes and Assignments. Why not add one to Pages? This is a feature that could, depending on how the feature is used, could benefit all users.

Proposed solution:

Add a seach box to PAGES in order to make finding existing pages more efficient. It would save time and effort for all users.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student,ta,designer,observer

michelle_adrian
Community Member
Problem statement:

When a course has many pages, it is very hard to find a specific page. They can be sorted in alphabetical order or by date updated, but if I am looking for a page that starts with V in a 300 page course, that is a lot of scrolling.

Proposed solution:

Just as you can search for pages when you do a course link, there needs to be a search bar at the topwhen you click "Pages" then "All Pages."

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student,ta,designer,observer

michelle_adrian
Community Member

Below is a video of what I feel is needed within pages.