Add status indicators for Crocodoc feedback provided, viewed, not viewed

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
  Idea will be open for vote Wed. September 2, 2015 - Wed. December 2, 2015  Learn more about voting...

Students are clicking on their papers to download them but are not clicking on the Feedback button to view comments provided in Crocodoc. This is a serious user interface flaw in that students are missing very important information from their instructors to inform learning and progress on future works.

One solution would be to add a status icon indicating when feedback has been provided via Crocodoc and both when it has and has not been viewed by the student. This would inform students and instructors alike regarding use of this wonder feature in Canvas. (See image.)

Thank you Canvas Team for always learning!

92245_Canvas-Feedback.pngCanvas-Feedback.png

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-02-20)

30 Comments
asatkins
Community Novice

Hi Christi! I have not, there are some things we sort of got used to because we were having bigger problems. I will though, good thought!

asatkins
Community Novice

Yay, thank you!

Jeff_F
Community Champion

This development has me electronically excited.  :smileycool:

nealc62
Community Member

That is wonderful news! Thank you again for always learning!! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is complete.  Find more information in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-02-20)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @nealc62  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @KristinL ,  @jdesiderio ,  @mcohen , maue890, hamptons,  @Beth_Young , patelj15,  @d_ellis ,  @dhulsey ,  @james_medina ,  @asatkins , and  @Jeff_F  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

nealc62
Community Member

Thanks to Renee and the Canvas team for implementing this idea and to everyone who provided valuable comments and voted this idea up!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed