Add vimeo in canvas studio

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Is would be great if there is a way we could add a Vimeo link, like YouTube, in Canvas Studio.   Will this be a feature in the development?

18 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Adding Vimeo (or other videos via link) would be helpful as not all content is hosted within YouTube.

joshmckibbin
Community Member

The ability to add Vimeo videos is pretty much a must-have feature for our University's needs. I'm not sure why this hasn't been made a priority as Vimeo is a major video provider. We have over 4000 lecture videos that are all hosted in Vimeo and having to manually download each of them in order to re-upload them to Canvas Studio is frustrating to say the least.

jridden
Community Participant

I remember this initially being on roadmap. I don't know why it was removed. Like many have stated, Vimeo has significant advantages over Youtube for many orgs and having this as an option would be a "killer feature".

palmarinich
Community Contributor

I would love to see Vimeo added as an option for Studio.  After all, it IS the platform used for all of the Canvas video guides!  This would be useful for applying Studio in our Canvas trainings for faculty and students.

angel_batt
Community Novice

Yes, Vimeo needs to be added as an option in Studio. This is a much needed feature.

abailey2
Community Novice

Vimeo needs to be an option.

We want to add orientation videos for Students on Canvas. 

Canvas has student orientation videos, but only ON VIMEO. I want to embed this one in Studio:
https://vimeo.com/showcase/6861074/video/74677642

But Canvas, who made the video, won't let us post it in Studio.

I'm not sure I see the logic here.

joshmckibbin
Community Member

We have since decided that Canvas Studio simply does not have the feature set that we need and have decided against its use.

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure
Comments from Instructure

Hi @Cambras , @KristinL@abailey2 , @joshmckibbin ,@angel_batt@palmarinich

Vimeo is another source we want to add to Studio very soon - the team is actually working on this already and once we overcome all the little impediments, it will be supported the exact same way as YouTube now. Please stay tuned!

Best,

Akos