Allow change of color to courses in calendar.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...

I have trouble telling the difference between different colors.  I see blue as green and green as blue.  I also see orange as pink and pink as orange.  When my colors are very close in shade I can not tell the difference between them.  In my calendar I have to have help each week to decipher which assignments belong to which course.  It would greatly benefit many people that have the type of color blindness that I do.

Response from Instructure

Canvas Studio: Calendar Color Selector

10 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​, I think this might be similar to what you're requesting - " modifiedtitle="true" title="Allow user to set their course calendar colors. If so, then it sounds like you're in luck. On that feature idea  @scottdennis ​ indicated "there will be an item in the May 26th release notes that I think will make a lot of users happy." Smiley Happy

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

That is correct.  Smiley Happy

cdrawdy3
Community Novice

Does that mean that the change will happen or is it something that has to be voted on?

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

It looks as though this feature idea will be coming soon!  Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-05-26)

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, you can check this out in Beta right now! Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to Deactivated user  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @kona ​ &  @Chris_Hofer  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL