[Announcements] Start and End Dates

I would like to be able to put an end date on my announcements at the time I create the announcement.  Then, for example, the announcement I make about textbooks at the start of the semester could be hidden within two weeks.  I do not want to have to remember to go back and hide the announcements.

Added to Theme

54 Comments
SDG88
Community Member

I vote for this. This feature is very much needed. Announcements should have available to/from date, This will also remove clutter on the announcement page.  

jac45
Community Member

@VH2020:  As we are presently moving our entire enterprise over to Canvas from BbLearn, and our own faculty are repeatedly asking us how to set course announcement end dates in Canvas, this ongoing lack of functionality continues to be a critical failing.  

Given that this critical functionality omission was identified over 5 years ago, please (PLEASE) consider this tool addition for your next feature update.  

I would think the very notion that BbLearn does something perceptibly better than Canvas would be reason enough for an immediate tool addition exploration.  Either way, please add my institution's voices to all of the others herein seeking this logical and critical functionality addition.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme