[Chat] Remove or Filter Inappropriate Emojis

Problem statement:

There are some emojis which should not be available for K-12, example, pistol emoji. The emojis should be properly verified, example student A was using this as funny stuff however, student B can consider this as a threat.

Proposed solution:

Only selected emojis should be displayed from the interface. I understand that Canvas is an open source, however, majority of users are K12.

User role(s):

admin

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @RAFAELPATRON -

Admins are able to remove certain emojis from the "Emoji Picker". This would affect students and instructors. How do I view and manage blocked emojis for an account? 

Would this allow you to accomplish what you described in your proposal?

RAFAELPATRON
Community Member
Author

Sorry, I forgot to mention the emojis while using Chat, yes, there is an option for admin to Block emojis, not sure if that can block also when in Chat Mode.

If you are a teacher or acted as a teacher, go to Chat from the Navigation, then click the happy emoji, then from search, type in pistol, there is a graphic image of pistol.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

AlexisNast
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hi RafaelPatron, and thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, the chat tool is currently in maintenance mode, and we're not extending the feature set provided.