Let us schedule a Publish Date / Time for Content Pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please allow us the ability to set a specific date and/or time for content pages to be published ahead of time.

It would be nice to be able to schedule those times in advance. There are times I don't want to publish something for students to see until after class and that requires remembering to go back and publish. Forgetting to do so only then creates chaos.  It'd be nice to just set those times once the page is designed and avoid those circumstances.

145 Comments
dsmith19
Community Member

This would be of the upmost help. I like to post solutions to problems after they have been submitted, so I need to set time restrictions on those pages. Right now I'm putting them as ungraded assignments, but it looks messy since it has the assignment icon next to them and confusing students.

StephHogancamp
Community Novice

While Pages were meant to be static, it would be nice to have the opportunity to be able to have Pages set to publish at a certain time or on a certain day, especially if we are gone for a sub, if we are gone for an extended period of time, or for another reason entirely.

facsteacher
Community Member

@facsteacher  to all you wish to have the feature of scheduling a page to publish -- clearly  the Canvas UX Designer(s) is/are not reading or passing the word on that many, many, many Canvas users would like the ability to schedule a page to publish.  

FranceGauthier
Community Novice

I would like to be able to plan ahead the publication of a Page.

kajensen
Community Member

This feature would be amazing as I have many instructors that don't want students to see a page until a certain time, but other content in the Module needs to be reviewed.

The_Viking
Community Participant

First time Canvas user and I'm running into this problem.  I can't believe it has been nearly 6 years and this still isn't implemented.  D2L has had the option to do this ever since I've used it and I've been using it for longer than 6 years. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: In Development
  Comments from Instructure

This idea is In Development. Please watch this thread for updates.

LizHenry
Community Explorer

This would be a great addition. Glad to see it's In Development.

DanaHarrington
Community Member

YES PLEASE!

I see this post was from 2016. It is 2022 and I still very much would like this ability! I am glad to see it finally made it to "in development" this year, and I hope it happens soon.

To add to the original post, I would like the ability to schedule when anything in a module is published -- whether it's a content page, assignment, external URL, etc.

Thank you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: On Beta
  Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2022-10-15)