[Modules] scheduling external links for availability in modules

When inserting external links into modules, can we get the ability to schedule the availability to the students like assignments?  There are review videos that I want the student's to see will be available, but not be able to access until a certain time in the class.

Added to Theme

Enable Differentiated Learning at Scale Theme Status: In Development

18 Comments
jmcgowan4
Community Member

"The functionality depicted in your screenshot is not intrinsic to Canvas—those clickable calendar icons are not a Canvas feature—"

Are you sure?  They literally appear when creating a new assignment.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jmcgowan4 

I apologize! With respect to "They literally appear when creating a new assignment," did you mean to say "file"? If that's the case, I finally understand and can move this conversation forward—so just let know.

jmcgowan4
Community Member

I was referring to the calendar icon for selecting a available date.  They appear in Canvas when creating a new assignment.  It looks as though they are intrinsic to Canvas.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jmcgowan4 

I was referencing the calendar icons that are displayed in your screenshot; those display when availability has been set on a file, but do not display in the Modules list for assignments. it sounds like you would like the calendar icons to display next to assignments in the Modules list in the same fashion that they currently display for files. Is that correct?

jmcgowan4
Community Member

Sure, and external links.  Like to see the same functionality for everything that can be put into a module.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jmcgowan4 

Thanks for bearing with me! You have exhibited extraordinary patience in helping me wrap my brain around this; I hope the dialog will help others as they consider this idea. We've moved it forward for further discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme