[New Quizzes] Allow outcomes to be aligned with item banks

Problem statement:

In Classic quizzes, it was possible to align one or more outcomes with a question bank. In New Quizzes, outcomes be aligned with the entire quiz or individual questions, not banks. So, now, if I have a large item bank that tests for mastery of a specific skill or knowledge, I have to align the questions one at a time, which is very labor intensive.

Proposed solution:

I can imagine two possible solutions and ideally I would like to see both implemented. 1. Allow item banks to be aligned with one or more outcomes. This provides parity with Classic quizzes and offers an efficient solution for instructors who create items banks designed to test for mastery of specific knowledge/skills. 2. Allow bulk outcomes alignment of both quiz and item questions. For this solution, the user would be able to view a compact list of questions in the quiz or bank with a checkbox next to each (with an option the expand collapse any question as needed). After checking the boxes of the questions to be aligned with the same set of outcomes, the user would be prompted to select the desired outcomes, confirm and then submit to complete the alignment process.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta,designer

Added to Theme

7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

mzkm
Community Participant

Yes please. I use item banks to make multiple versions of a single question (different values for a math problem for instance), and am annoyed that outcomes can’t be aligned to the bank as a whole.

A related issue is having an option for the quiz analysis to be averaged for an item bank.

lgekeler
Community Participant

We concur. This feature is important.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL