[New Quizzes] Bulk Assign full credit option for open-ended questions

Problem statement:

I assign a quiz with an open-ended question intended to collect students' thoughts on a topic. It is graded in order to encourage students to respond thoughtfully. 150 students respond. I am able to download all their responses via the student analysis and scan the spreadsheet to see that all of the students provided a reasonable response. Now I want to go into the quiz and set that question to give all students full credit. Can I do this now without having to go through and manually grade the 150 responses? If yes, please do tell how! If no, please, if you can save anyone from doing something 150 times that would be awesome! Thanks

Proposed solution:

Is it possible to set up an open-ended question to assign full credit and to be able to choose that option either before or after students have responded. This was possible in Blackboard and oh so convenient.

User role(s):

instructor

@MPioRoda I did not see an option to reply to any of the messages here including yours on April 13 (not sure if that functionality is limited to certain roles) so I am editing my request to respond. I believe your suggestion applies only to entire assignments, not to specific quiz questions. So, no it does not address the request.  Thanks.

@MPioRoda 4/14, no, because my request is not for "unanswered" or "non-graded" questions. It is to assign default points for a question that is answered and graded. Also, can CANVAS please make it possible for an author of an idea to be able to respond to replies to the idea rather than have to re-edit my question each time? When I try to respond to your comments, what I see is shown in the attachment. No option to reply:

8 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @AkwasiOpoku-Dak -

Thanks for sharing your idea with the Community. Please separate your Problem Statement from your Proposed Solution and leave a comment when you're ready. We'll then reconsider your proposal as part of our Ideas & Themes Process. Thank you!

What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

Good news though -- part of your request is already aligned to a Theme! If you feel that there is something that goes beyond the description of this existing idea, keep that in mind as you edit this thread. 🙂
[New Quizzes] Download essay questions

AkwasiOpoku-Dak
Community Participant

Done

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @AkwasiOpoku-Dak , Thank you for submitting an idea!  

There is an article in our knowledge on How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook,  would this help you to assign full credit to assign a grade to all students as proposed?

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks for the clarification, @AkwasiOpoku-Dak , and sorry for the confusion.  Would your idea align with these already posted ideas?

[Assignments] Auto Score Unanswered Essay Questions as 0

[New Quizzes] Have non-graded questions/answers in quizzes

If so, I can have the community team merge them together.

Thanks!  

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure

As we wait for a reply with further information, we’re placing your request in the Seeking Clarity status for two weeks. Please respond by July 11 so we can provide your idea the attention it deserves. If you are unable to reply by then, we’ll Archive the thread to allow the Product Team to focus on newer requests.

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Will Not Consider