[New Quizzes] Create Item Banks from MSWord

It would be useful that when you create a question [item] bank at the account level being able to upload a huge number of questions once by using a word document. Now, the only way to do this is to create them one by one.

61844_2015-06-17_1019.png2015-06-17_1019.png

Rosalie

170 Comments
ClaireBorja
Community Explorer

Yes, please add this! For New Quizzes!

pazehoski
Community Participant

I was surprised to see this request goes back over 6 years now. Now is the perfect time to get this implemented! We would also love to see this feature added to New Quizzes. Thank you!

gabriel_martine
Community Explorer

Yes, please, this is a fairly basic functionality, and it doesn't make sense to buy a separate and expensive license for it.

Patrick_keating
Community Member

For those that are waiting for Canvas to implement this feature, i suggest you stop waiting cause there's already a company offering this feature. Our uni have been using getmarked digitalizer to import all our word document quizzes into canvas question bank and its amazing.

I cannot even begin to describe how much time I saved. Getmarked digitalizer is very flexible and allows me to import any kind of quiz without making me conform to a template. Unlike respondus. I am quite surprised that no one mention them yet since it was in another forum post that i read about them. Definitely go give them a shot, its fantastic.

Alba_UFV
Community Member

Hi, this idea has been in the community for 6 years, why is no progress being made to implement it in Canvas? With respondus you can create question banks in QTI format but you can not indicate the penalty for incorrect answers (you have to do it manually so it is not a solution).

We teachers and administrators would love to see this idea implemented.
Thanks
Alba

dlodi
Community Novice

Please add the feature to import word test banks. It is unnecessarily time-consuming to build quizzes one question at a time if they are already typed in Word.

BlaiseMi
Community Explorer

@Patrick_keating, thanks for your comment about GetMARKED Digitaliser. I tried it and it worked a treat.

terri_milroy
Community Explorer

Especially for workforce courses, the ability to import Word questions into Canvas is becoming more and more necessary. I've been told by vendors multiple times that they have "Canvas ready content" and it's nothing but a Word doc that isn't even Respondus ready. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme